If you’d like to work with a vendor to develop any products (such as hats, blankets, or other merchandise) that include Bates marks , you’ll need to be familiar with the college’s licensing agreement. The college marks are controlled under a licensing program with Learfield Licensing Partners, and only vendors who are registered with Learfield are typically permitted to use the Bates marks.

If you would like to know which vendor created a certain product that is sold in the campus store, please feel free to contact us. If you have questions about the licensing process or exceptions to these guidelines, or if you would like to see a full list of approved vendors, you may contact the Bates Communications Office.